Client-Led Play Therapy
December 15th from 12:30-5:30
Registration fees: Professional $100, Full-Time Student $50
Despite its profound therapeutic value, nondirective play therapy is widely misunderstood by the public and often an intimidating endeavor for play therapists. This workshop will provide a foundation on common theories that drive client-led play therapy, along with interventions that empower your client to take the lead. Play therapists will leave this workshop with a renewed confidence in their play therapy skills. Graduation or concurrent enrollment in a Master’s level psychology or social work program is a pre-requisite for this workshop. Eligible for 5 APT contact hours through APT Approved Provider 12-307 & approval by the State of Montana Board of Behavioral Health is pending.
- Learn about two theories of play therapy conducive to client-led play therapy interventions.
- Be involved in discussing misconceptions and barriers to implementation of successful client-led play therapy interventions.
- Learn about neurological processes that influence client-led play therapy.
- Observe & practice at least four nondirective play therapy interventions.
- Identify and write treatment goals and objectives addressed through client-led play therapy interventions.
All of our contact workshops are approved for CEUs through the Association for Play Therapy via APT Approved Provider 12-307. Registration fees are refundable until November 15th. After that time, they are not refundable but are transferable to future Relating Play events. No shows or missed trainings will not receive refund or credit. You may send another attendee in your place.