Sensory-Informed Play Therapy
9:00a to 4:00p on May 18, 2018
*please note new date & time*
Children with sensory integration concerns have a difficult time making sense of their world. Layer this on top of mental health concerns, and it’s overwhelming for everyone involved. Thankfully, as our understanding of the nervous system develops, so does the potential for effective intervention. This course was developed in consultation with a Pediatric Occupational Therapist. Information and activities have been designed to increase your confidence in recognizing sensory issues in your clients and designing sensory-informed play therapy interventions.
- Describe the 7 sensory systems involved with sensory integration during play therapy.
- List differences and similarities between Occupational Therapy and Play Therapy.
- Identify client behaviors that indicate an occupational therapy referral may be appropriate.
- Practice designing a sensory-friendly play therapy office setting.
- Learn & practice a variety of sensory-informed play therapy interventions.
- Discuss mental health case studies using a sensory-informed lens.
All of our workshops are approved for CEUs through the Association for Play Therapy via APT Approved Provider 12-307. Cancellations received at least 14 days prior to a workshop are fully refundable. Cancellations received less than 14 days prior to a workshop are not refundable, but are transferrable. No shows or missed trainings will receive no refund or credit. You may send another attendee in your place. All trainings are subject to sufficient registration. In the event that Relating Play must cancel a workshop, we will make every attempt to notify paid registrants in a timely manner and all paid registrants will receive a full refund. Play therapy credit will not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.